At the moment this is only a short description of how to brew mead, more details and explanation may follow later.
I'm brewing with half water half cloudy applejuice, as the applejuice helps the fermentation and adjusts the pH-value.
- Sanitize all of your equipment.
- Pour water and applejuice into a big pan and heat it up to 40°C.
- Heat up the Honey to 40°C, by putting the honey jar into hot water.
- Put the honey into the water / applejuice and mix well.
- Fill everything into your fermenter.
- Let cool down to 20°C.
- Add yeast nutritient.
- Add yeast as specified by the manufacturer.
- Close the fermenter with a fermentation tube.
- Keep dark and cool (e.g. in basement) until the fermentation stops, it will take around 5 weeks.
- Carefully remove the mead from the yeast, which will be at to bottom of the fermenter.
- Heat up the mead to 60°C to kill the remaining yeast, then add about 100 gram honey for each liter of mead.
- Keep the mead again for at least 3 months.
- Enjoy 😊 🍷